Setting the Standard of Excellence in Pet Care
The entire team at Conejo Valley Veterinary Hospital is proud to have earned accreditation status, a mark of distinction in veterinary care. Less than 15% of animal hospitals in the United States are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and members must meet the highest standards in professional pet care—isn’t that what you want for your animal companion?
As part of their dedication to quality pet care, the AAHA has developed a set of accreditation standards. These standards are widely used as benchmarks to measure excellence in veterinary medicine.
What Is Accreditation?
AAHA developed the accreditation program to raise the level of care for companion animals and to provide a way for animal hospitals to demonstrate their excellence. Veterinary hospitals must face a stringent initial review and an ongoing review process to maintain their accreditation status.
The Accreditation Standards
The AAHA enhanced standards of accreditation cover the following areas of our veterinary hospital practice:
- Anesthesia: Methods for assessing anesthetic needs in patients and appropriateness of equipment
- Client Service: Communicates well with clients during all aspects of their visit
- Contagious Disease: Protocols, processes, and facilities to handle contagious diseases and avoid outbreaks
- Continuing Education: Continuing education tools and opportunities for staff members
- Dentistry: Safe dental procedures that protect both the patient and staff members
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging protocols that create a safe environment for both the patient and staff members
- Emergency: Equipment handling and process for emergencies
- Examination Room: Properly equipped for thorough examinations
- Housekeeping: Cleanliness
- Human Resources: Handling of personnel matters
- Laboratory: Laboratory services for the prompt diagnosis of patients
- Leadership: Leadership’s commitment to creating a positive work environment and providing high-quality care
- Medical Records: Continuity of care through medical record details
- Pain Management: Pain assessment, management, and training
- Patient Care: Humane and advantageous care to patients during all aspects of their visit
- Pharmacy: Proper handling, storing, and dispensing of medications
- Safety: Safety of environment for patients, clients, and team
- Surgery: Patient safety in an aseptic environment with appropriate pre- and post-operative considerations
Learn more about AAHA accreditation at their website. Conejo Valley Veterinary Hospital is committed to the highest standard in veterinary care—we put your animals first.